Monday 25 February 2013

Chaos with a side of cream tea





Despite being the shortest month of the year, February, certainly for me remains the most popular month for birthdays! So much so, that yesterday I saw myself flitting through Cardiff City Centre celebrating four separate birthday celebrations!! It was a true test of my time keeping, agility and sheer ability to be social on only three hours sleep. 

 My hectic morning was all but distance memory when I met a group of friends at Pettigrew tea rooms. Situated on the outskirts of Cardiff Castle grounds, this tea room has a quietly cute personality absorbed by blossomed roses and brightly coloured carnations. It has everything of a typical 40s tea room with a selection of loose tea leaves and homemade cakes served on bone china ceramics which were laced with quaint floral patterns. All that was missing was a swing soundtrack and beautiful women in patterned petticoats and stylish 40s updos. 



No comments:

Post a Comment